Angry Soldier Angry Soldier

It's not very thoroughly planned. For example, Level 12 solves itself: if you simply wait, then the ball will actually roll onto the exploding barrels all by itself, killing all the enemies without you firing a shot. I expected something more Rube Goldberg or riddle-like, whereas this was altogether un-challenging.

The Silver Nugget The Silver Nugget

This is one of the most ingenious mixtures of modern technology I've seen for a game. The integration of YouTube and any handheld video camera makes for easy-to-generate content, and you've built a really simple Duck Hunt-like interface to mix it with. The apparent level of interactivity is a real jump from any seemed Flash game, despite the jumps when you cut from one video to another.

The best part is that this framework has a whole new way to generate content. Instead of making entirely new art to make a new game with a different feel, now you need only shoot one day's worth of video. Dress in a leather jacket, find a dump or a construction site, and you could turn this western into a Half-Life reference without much programming.

Good thinking, and great delivery.

Kenney responds:

Thanks for your review. We indeed created this engine for future projects to come, although it won't be as easy as inserting a new video and going with it. We're trying to improve, reading all the reviews people give to see where we can make the game better.

Linx Linx

There's a HARD level set!!??

I won! All 40 levels ... only to discover there's an alternate level set that's labeled "Hard".

O_o

Fantastic game design. The user interface could have used an "erase this block" button instead of just overwriting. The music loop would have been better if it were longer, but the content of the music and instrumentation itself were great. ... I may have to actually do the hard levels now ... dammit.

Skellus responds:

You can use space to clear blocks

Top Defense Top Defense

Freezes

It would have been a great game, but half-way through a wave, after I upgraded something, I couldn't fire anymore (see "fucian"'s comment a few below mine). The game was receiving keystrokes, but not detecting the mouse at all. (I didn't take away stars for that.)

Other than that, it was a nice game. It was a bit slow as defense games go, but that allows the player time to decide a strategy against the oncoming waves, particularly since the number of possible weapon-combinations kept increasing. It kept my interest. I thought the upgrades were a little wonky, though: I would click a Lvl2 upgrade for one item and the price of ALL Lvl2 upgrades for anything else would also increase exponentially. Odd. Keep working on it, I think, but it's a good start.

The Perfect Fighter The Perfect Fighter

Horribly buggy

Twice, my character's sprite froze mid-fall. The CPU opponent was unable to hit it, move it, or interact with it at all. Not that it stopped the CPU from trying to hit me, but nothing landed and I could not move. I could restart, but the ridiculous load times make me lose patience too fast.

With this many bugs, this game was NOT ready for prime time. And it's really too bad, because you clearly put A LOT of effort into this. You MUST go back and actually fix the problems in the game.

flashkof responds:

fixed

Faultline Faultline

Ingenious!!!

Wonderful idea, beautifully executed, introduced a simple concept to a platformer game and then explored ALL possible consequences. I'm really pleased with this game.

BUG: I died by being crushed on level 27, with three faultlines created. The faultlines returned to normal, but my sprite got caught half-way through the death animation and the game got caught in a loop somehow. The exit-door particles were still moving, and the faultline-handles were still gleaming, but everything had frozen.

Doodle God 2 Doodle God 2

Subjective logic and N²

There's one really big problem with these games. The first problem is that MY logic and YOUR logic don't always coincide. I'm a scientist, so I wanted "plutonium" + "boiler" = "nuclear power", but no go. Meanwhile, getting "radiation" uses the most random, unintuitive combo ever. There are dozens of such combos I would NEVER think of. So when I run out of "logical" choices based on my ideas, I'm reduced to trying *random* combos. For N elements, though, there are N*N/2 combos. In Episode 1, we started with 4 elements = 8 combos. Easy. As you progress, the element pool expands one element at a time, and you can keep up easily using your experience.

In this game, though, you *destroyed* our experience. We start with 124 elements!? Even just the "Void" + "x" combos require 123 attempts right off the bat. That's just too many. But THEN, you really screw us by including NEW combinations of OLD elements. That's over 10,000 combos of elements that we have to consider when "logic" stops producing results. I *might* entertain the idea if there were hotkeys, but as it stands this game gets dull fast when I can't reproduce your methodology.

In brief: How can this possibly be fun for people who can't read your mind?

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Hentai Octopus Adventure Hentai Octopus Adventure

Funny, but ur a liar

I liked the movie itself. However, I think the bait-and-switch regarding the hentai was stupid; the "instructions", though amusing, are broken and won't let you go back to the menu; and this is not a game. Seriously, just post it as a silly movie about the wish-granting octopus and it'll get plenty of good reviews.

notoriousm responds:

ew no

Destroy More Cars Destroy More Cars

100% Bug, again

It seems that getting 100% itself causes a serious bug in your game. Also, I'm confused why you would go through all the trouble of having an RPM gauge when all you do is "hold mouse" or "don't hold mouse".

Shad's Army Scrapbook Shad's Army Scrapbook

Typical awesome Shadling

Funniest - pikachus
Most striking - the landscape. None of your other art reflects an appreciation for static beauty.
Most disturbing - the girl who was *enjoying* having nails pounded into her
Nicest touch - the "retreat" button
Best picture - life, half of the scrapbook. Can't possibly choose. Well done, sir, and I'm glad to have looked.